Thursday, May 8, 2008

Haircut and Games...

Well, two firsts for today...In clase de fonectica today, we played games. We are learning the letters of el alphabeto, so we must practice, practice, practice. And to help, my teacher had us play BINGO. The picture below indicates that I won twice! I've returned to the time of receiving a premio (prize) for being the ganadora (winner)!




We also played ahorcado - hangman. Great tools for learning el abecedario. We'll see just how much we have learned; tomorrow is my first quiz. She will show the letter, we will write the letter and the name of the letter. For example: "J - Hota."

I also had my first Costa Rican haircut today. Lorna is a precious Christian and we had such sweet fellowship as she shared her story of coming to Christ. Her family is not Christian and doesn't understand why she left her well-paying profession to style hair, but she is following Christ. She feels it is truly a ministry that she is doing. She allowed me to practice my Spanish, as little as I know, challenged me with new words, and then shared in perfect English. What a gift to me today! Below are a couple of pics of the new me!






Great $10 haircut with an absolutely WONDERFUL shampoo and massage! It was worth it all for just the shampoo and massage - AHH!

Isn't God good to even take care of the "trite" things in our lives like haircuts in such a special way?! I felt as though not only my hair was washed but my spirit was washed with His sweet presence and fragrance. What a day! Nmore studying in fonetica, lenguaje, and gramatica (there's supposed to be an accent on the "m," I haven't figured out how to do that on the blog so far).

Don't forget to hold us up!

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I LOVE THE HAIRCUT!!!

Pensguys said...

What a wonderful day!!!!

Love the haircut!

Scarlett said...

Glynis,
I know all about those head massages! I experienced that in the capital city in Uganda. Well worth the money.

Bennie and Retta Durham said...

Like your cut. The shorter the hair, the lower the maintenance! Glad you were cleared by the police!