Saturday, March 28, 2009

La Fiesta de mi Mamá...

The second of March, my mother celebrated her 90th birthday. What a heritage I enjoy because of the lives of my parents!

Last weekend our kids, along with my sister and her son and family, prepared a fiesta for this very special birthday. And how very special as we were able to join for awhile via skype and actually see Mom for the first time since we arrived in Costa Rica almost a year ago. As you can tell below, she was the belle of the fiesta. Here she is surrounded by her 5 grandchildren and 1 greatgranddaughter...looking spiffy as usual.



No presents were necessary but who could resist these beautiful and delicious gifts? The top gift was chocolate and the lower one was vanilla. ¡Qué rico! Just wished that they could have sent us a slice or two.



My special treasured picture:


1 comment:

The Whites said...

What a special memory. Your mom looks great!