Friday, April 17, 2009

Now It Can Be Told!

We kept quiet about this until after our family's visit. Sometimes, it's just better not to know these things!

Several mornings ago, I (David) stepped into our shower as I do each morning around 6:00 a.m. As I turned around, there he was hunkered down in the corner of the shower where I had just stepped --- big as a full grown armadillo, ten pounds at least, massive, ugly --- a big black hairy gigantic (did I say big?) tarantula! Ok, he was only about three or four inches wide. He just seemed as big as a full grown armadillo. To say the least, I made my way out of the shower quicker than I had entered. Glynis said that I was making some sort of a grunting sound.

I debated if I should let her see it, but I knew that there was no way I could not. I said, "Come here baby, look at this!" She walked into the bathroom, took one quick look at the little critter, and ran. I am not sure where she was running, but I knew she had no plans to linger in the bathroom. Then it crossed her mind to get the camera, but being in my circumstances, I didn't feel that the time was right for flashing photos.

What does one do with a tarantula in the shower? Can a tarantula run fast? Do they jump? What happens when you whomp a tarantula with a shoe? I surely didn't want to close the door with just him and me in the bathroom. Not knowing any other sensible alternative, I chose to deal with him using the shoe whomping method. After sufficiently having a Sunday School lesson with him with my bedroom shoe, I transported him in a stack of tissues to the comode for a watery burial.

Therefore and henceforth, before we get into bed tonight, we will take a look to see if the covers have any unusual lumps! You just never know...

It's all in the exciting day of a missionary!

3 comments:

Pensguys said...

{{{{{SHIVERS}}}}}

Mike and Miriam Adams said...

I can't believe the truth is finally out for all to hear! But SO glad it was you and not Mom in the shower...Costa Rica would have been woken up that morning to the loudest screams instead of alarm clocks and shoe whompings! :)

Bet you do check your stuff now...

David and Rebecca said...

it was equally as funny reading that this morning as when you first shared the story!! i totally wish that i could have been a fly on the wall...well, maybe not a fly since spiders eat flies, and you would have killed me too if he hadn't eaten me first! funny funny!!