Saturday, September 15, 2012

Second Partnership is well underway!

The second partnership between Iglesia Bautista Dios es Amor, San Andres Itzapa, and Bull Street Baptist, Savannah, Georgia, has officially begun with the first team's evanglistic ministry.

 
 
Iglesia Bautista Dioes es Amor has begun a work in El Porvenir II, Cantón, San Lorenzo.
Pastor Apolinario comes every Sunday morning to meet with the attendees -
a group of eager to learn children.
No adults attend at this time but weekly he works diligently with these children,
 teaching them songs and Bible stories with eternal truths.
 
 
The enthusiastic group arrived ready to be the "ayudante" to the church and the pastor.
Each day they visited homes in the colonia,
often accompanied by some of these young smiling faces,
and shared the love of Jesus, leaving behind a gift of the Gospel of John.
 
 
And on Wednesday afternoon this group of children grew
 
 
and included parents and grandparents
for an afternoon Bible story and activity.

 
Attentively they listened.

Even some parents helped prepare the needed supplies.

 
Little eyes were amazed at "it" all began to come together.

 
Everyone was involved in the activity...note Pastor Apolinario right in the middle.
 
 
And the finished product...a sock puppet.
Yes, Pastor Apolinario will use these in his Sunday morning teaching lessons with the children.
Another method to share the Gospel of Jesus with little ones like these.
 
Reminds me of the chorus we used to sing when I was a little one too:
 
Jesus loves the little ones like me, me, me.
Jesus loves the little ones like me, me, me.
Little ones like me,
Sat upon His knee,
Jesus loves the little ones like me, me, me.
 
Jesus loves the little ones
so much He died for them too.
Anyone, any age, of any nation
can receive Christ as Savior and become His eternal child.
 

No comments: