Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sunday Worship

Sunday we traveled back to Antigua to attend church with friends, Keith and Penny. We had about a 30 minute ride up the mountain, and then about a 10 minute walk on up the mountain to the church to worship with our Cakchiquel brothers at Macedonia Baptist Church.





As in most indigeous churches, the visitors are to give greetings. True to form, David was called to give greetings, followed by Keith's preaching (mind you, they didn't know we were coming, but it didn't matter, Keith preached). I thought I had been given a pass. No, after the preaching, I was announced to give greetings (unannounced "on-the-field OPIs") and then Penny was announced to give her greetings. Guess we had better make sure we have greetings, and even a sermon or two squirreled away in our Bibles for the next time we visit our brothers!





The view was incredible. What a special celebration of worship with brothers and sisters who love the Lord!







Afterwards we returned to Keith and Penny's home and enjoyed a wonderful home cooked meal with the journeymen and ISC couple in language school in Antigua. I got some Mother's Day hugs from "kids"...just what I needed! And then when we returned to the city, I received Mother's Day calls from our kids...just what I needed!



What a special day!

No comments: