Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thanks for a special day...

Mother's Day...a special day for mothers all over the world. In Costa Rica, Mother's Day is celebrated on August 15th, no matter the day of the week. So last year, we celebrated two Mother's Day - the American date and the Costa Rican date. In Guatemala, Mother's Day is May 10th, which this year corresponds with the American celebration.

Mother's Day is a day to remember our hertitage, our mothers. David and I are both so thankful for the godly mothers with whom we have been blessed. My mother is now 90 years old and is a godly example for me. As I told the folks at church today, she is a godly woman who continues to pray for us every day, many times throughout the day. We are here in Guatemala, serving the Lord, because of the godly influence of mothers who encouraged us to follow the Lord with all our hearts and to walk in His ways, wherever He will lead. What better influence of mothers could we enjoy?!

The greatest joy of a mother is to have her children follow the Lord and serve Him with a pure heart. I am thankful for our children - Miriam and Mike, Stephen, Rebecca and David, and Deborah and Chris. Thank you Lord for each one. I love you very much. Thank you for my beautiful flowers on this day. They remind me of you. Much love!

No comments: